Online Safety - Friday
Online Safety Advice – Friday:
43% of children have experienced online bullying. (National Crime Prevention Council, 2017)
Malicious communications is a massive problem, and it is a form of bullying.
Online malicious communications include:
- a message which is indecent or grossly offensive,
- a threat,
- passing on information about someone which you know isn’t true,
Behaviour like this will not be classed as ‘banter’ or a joke.
The Police can get involved for any one of these issues.
*If you need any further advice or need to report any online safety issues you can contact/speak to:
- Parents/Carers and other family members.
- Year Co-ordinators, form tutors or the Safeguarding Team.
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) - www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/
- The Police via 101.
- Childline 0800 11 11 - www.childline.org.uk
I hope you all have a restful and enjoyable Half Term!