Free School Meals
Receiving meals free-of-charge for your child who attends a school in Suffolk
At Suffolk County Council we are committed to promoting the health and well-being of children, providing assistance for children from entitled households to have their meals free of charge while at school.
Your child may have free meals when they are at school full time if you receive:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Employment Support Allowance (Income related)
- Receives Child Tax Credit only (No Working Tax Credit) and your taxable income is below £16,190 (as shown on your tax credit award summary, TC602) or a 4 week Working Tax Credit run on.
- The Guarantee Element of the State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
If you have recently become unemployed or, now work less than 16 hours per week, but are still receiving Working Tax Credits as a 28 day run on, you may be entitled to Free School Meals.
If you are aged between 16 and 19 and you receive Income Support, you may also be entitled to free school meals.
For more information on how to claim for Free School Meals, please click here.
To apply for free school meals you can request or download an application form from under Online Services below or collect from your local area Education Office or School.
If you need any more information please contact the Customer Service Centre on 0345 606 6067 .