Sport and Physical Activity LEVEL 3
Cambridge Technical Level 3 in Sport and Physical Activity
Exam board: OCR
Entry criteria: A Level 4 in English and Maths is required. Ideally candidates will have studied GCSE PE and gained a level 5 or higher. If students haven’t studied GCSE PE they should have a discussion with the head of PE to assess their suitability.
This qualification is not just about being able to play sport; it will provide learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding to progress into Higher Education on a sport-related programme such as Sport and Physical Education, Sport Science, Sport Coaching and Development or Sport and Leisure Management. The qualification is designed to be taken as part of a study programme alongside other vocational qualifications or A levels, such as Cambridge Technicals in Business, A level Biology, A level Physics or Cambridge Technicals in Science.
Learners will take three mandatory units:
Sports organisation and development and body systems are assessed via an externally set exam. Sports coaching is assessed via a coursework assignment.
Students will then study three additional units and these are also assessed via coursework these will be selected by the teacher from:
- Performance analysis in sport and exercise
- Organisation of sports events
- Biomechanics and movement analysis
- Physical activity for specific groups
- Nutrition and diet for sport and exercise
- Sports injuries and rehabilitation
- Practical skills in sport and physical activities
- Sport and exercise psychology
- Sport and exercise sociology
Teacher responsible: Mr Steed & Miss Alexander